Here are 7 interesting things about myself.
- I lived in the Philippines during my second and third grade years. Plus, I spent 7 months there while in college interning during the week and mountain climbing on weekends.
- People ask me, “do twins run in your family?” No, I say infertility does. My husband’s grandmother has 6 sets of twins, all the result of fertility treatments.
- In college I was the queen of keg stands, now I’m a pastor’s wife! Praise the Lord for His grace and that He makes us all new (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- I love to read fantasy novels. Good versus evil, dragons, magic. I’m currently reading Rick Riordan’s The Mark of Athena.
- I’ve run 2 marathons, Dallas and Chicago.
- I’m currently writing a bible study on the book of Joshua. (Of course, I haven’t written in months, but I’m trying!)
- For fun, my husband and I love to try out new restaurants. Eating is our hobby.
I was recently nominated twice for The Beautiful Blogger Award. Wow, what an honor. I’ve been fortunate these last few months to develop new friendships from my blogger buddies. I’ve learned a lot from my new friends!
Thank you Valerie at Atlantamomofthree and Ute at expatsincebirth for your nominations.
In order to accept the award, there are a rules to follow:
(1) Post seven interesting things about myself.
(2) Nominate 7 other bloggers who I feel deserve the award.
(3) Tell them about the nomination.
Thank you friends. I’m honored!
Wow! You’ve ran 2 marathons? That is really amazing!!
Not really. it took 6 hours!
Still, it’s an accomplishment. 🙂
CONGRATULATIONS on your well-deserved awards, and thank you so much for the shout out! And, reading your “seven things” . . . you’re one amazing lady! Best, Katherine
Thanks for your kind words!
Gosh, Maya, I LOVED this list! I can really identify with #3 and #7. God’s grace really transforms us and makes us new. Also, one quick question regarding point #2, are you part Filipino? My husband is half Filipino and half Irish. Neat!
Thanks again for the gracious nod to my little blog. Very kind of you! 🙂
Yes I am half Filipino! Has your husband cooked you chicken adobo? I hope so, it’s the best dish. If not, I’ll get you the recipe. 🙂
I actually cook chicken adobo for my hubby! It’s his grandmother’s recipe. I make it with chicken thighs. My entire family LOVES it! 🙂
Youre precious! Thanks so much for the nomination! Love following your blog!
Thanks sweet friend! I really enjoy your blog. You’re a great writer.
What an inspiration you are … TWO marathons!?! Congrats on your nomination 🙂
Thanks! those races were before kids. 🙂 Maybe one day I’ll do another, but tis not the season. Cheers!
two sets of twins??? As in 12 kids?!?! Oh my! I couldn’t imagine a second Avery…and 10 more siblings for him too!
Yes! It’s crazy. There’s only one singleton out of all those twins. My first Christmas at my husband’s grandmother’s was crazy. twins all over the place. 🙂