I went into prelabor with twins at 21 weeks. I endured a spectrum of treatments from strict bed rest, procardia, terbutaline, indocin, corticosteroids, to the (gulp) 24 hour mag treatment, and home monitoring. Then my babies aged out of these options and there was nothing left to do but soak in the tub doped up on Benedryl.
Miraculously, the babies stayed in for 3 months and one day. At 34 weeks we gave birth to 2 healthy girls that needed a 10 day stay in the NICU. We are thankful for God’s precious gifts.
Below are the posts I shared along the way.
- Bed Rest at 21 weeks
- Praying for Your Unborn Twins, Week 24 Bed Rest
- Praying for your Unborn Twins Week 25
- 27 weeks update
- Diary of a Wimpy Cervix
- Week 28, Praying for your Unborn Twins
- The Big Gun, Magnesium Sulfate
- 33 Weeks Update
- The Big Day is Schedule, 34 Weeks
The girls at 1 month old. photo credit: Alana Donovan